- 2017 Youth Summer Mission Trip Information and fundraising opportunities:
- Location: Rutland, Vermont
- Dates: July 22 – 29
- The city of Rutland, Vermont is surrounded by the pristine beauty of the Green Mountains. This is a region loved by visitors and residents for its seemingly limitless outdoor recreational activities year-round, including skiing, hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, and water sports. But like many small towns, economic concerns, poverty and unemployment exist. In this town of 16,000 over 20% of individuals receive food assistance from the government and many of the local families living below the poverty line have young children at home.
- Mission Trip Fundraisers:
- 2/19 – Spaghetti Lunch with the desert auction – right after church service.
- 5/6 – Youth Dinner Theater and service auction.
- 6/3 – Youth Car Wash
- 6/4 – 6/30 – Mattress Raffle. The winner of the raffle will be announced during the church fish fry on 6/30.
- VBS Summer 2017
- Dates: June 26 – 29
- Time: 5:30 – 8:30 PM
- Theme: Maker Fun Factory
- Please register your children/grandchildren at https://vbspro.events/p/
- The Deacons are sponsoring a free fish fry on Friday, June 30 from 6 – 7:30 pm. Please feel free to invite a friend, neighbor, or family member that you have wanted to share with them that FBC-Elon is not just a “Sunday Only” fellowship community. We will also have a few servings available of (bbq chicken or pork) for those allergic to seafood! All are welcome to join us for some fun, food, and fellowship! Also, the Youth will be drawing the winner for The Great Mattress Raffle!!
- Foushees in Japan!
- Inclement Weather:
Watch WFMY News 2 for information – it will be listed as First Baptist Church of Elon – Haggard Ave. Check the church’s website or facebook page for weather updates.
- Church Office Hours: The church office will be closed on Fridays. There will be a pastor on call each weekend that will be available if needed. The pastor on call will be listed on the Ministry Events sheet each Sunday for the following weekend